In accordance with the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLF) eachchild adheres to the following guidelines:
- Our programs include experiences in language & literature, music & movement, art & craft, dramatic play, science & math concepts, sensory motor and activities which promote physical development and co-ordination.
- Children’s experiences will be open-ended and the children are free to choose the experiences in which they would like to participate. Staff support children in making choices where appropriate.
- Our programs are planned to provide opportunities for passive as well as active play, indoor and outdoor play and for individual as well as group experiences.
Every child is viewed as an individual who will develop and learn at their own pace. Our role in this process is to make sure each and every child:
- feels a strong sense of identity
- is connected and contributing to their world
- has a strong sense of well being
- is confident and an involved learner
- is an effective communicator
These 5 development outcomes come from the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (VEYLF) and guide our programming for each individual child.
Families will be provided with information on all areas of children’s development with particular reference to the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework through newsletters, notice board displays, family input into our program, weekly reflections and portfolios.